Sick and/or Injured Wildlife
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue and Atlantic Street Veterinary Hospital work together to save wildlife 24/7. Contact information below.
If you have found sick and/or injured wildlife it is important to get them help as soon as possible following these steps:
- Always wear gloves when handling any type of wildlife; including birds and use extreme caution.
- For raptor the use of leather gloves is a must.
- If needed place a towel over the bird to help prevent further injury to the bird.
- Place the bird in a ventilated box/container with soft fabric.
- Keep the bird in a warm, dark, and quite place away from children and animals.
- Do NOT give the bird food and/or water.
- Call the Wildlife Rescue in your area as soon as possible. Gold Country Wildlife Rescue and the Atlantic Veterinary Hospital work together for all injured wildlife. Listed below is the contact information:
- Before removing any young that are uninjured and safe from outdoor pets; monitor the young to see if the parent(s) return to feed the babies.
11251 B Ave, Auburn, CA 95603
Open 7 days a week from 8 - 11 am & 2 - 5 pm
***If you cannot safely remove the wildlife and it is an emergency call and leave a message; they will get back to you.
Atlantic Street Veterinary Hospital
Pet Emergency Center
1100 Atlantic Street, Roseville, CA 95678
(Take the Eureka Road/Atlantic Street exit off I-80)